Conservatory, downtown’s underground beer garden and food hall, is celebrating its upcoming one-year anniversary by welcoming new vendors and hosting a week of special events and promotions.
Joining original vendors Melange Creperie and El Burro and The Bull (which both opened last year) are poke/tempura concept Moku Bar from the owners of the Casian King food truck, kolache and donut bar Mars Bakery, Arte Pizzeria from pastry chef Kelsey Hawkins (who was part of the opening team at Osteria Mazzantini, Pour Society and Paul’s Kitchen) and Noble Rot Wine Bar, a boutique wine bar. Moku is already serving downtown diners its poke bowls, but Mars Bakery and Arte Pizzeria are set to open next Monday, April 17, and the wine bar will be opening late April.
Like other poke bowl spots, Moku offers specialty bowls and a build-your-own option. There are three “base” options – sushi rice, quinoa (for a crunchier bite) and mixed greens. Proteins include mixed fish, spicy salmon and wasabi salmon, ahi tuna, spicy tuna and truffle yellowtail. Slide down the line and choose from toppings like edamame, corn, cucumbers, pickled radish, scallions, etc., and then finish with a choice of sauce (spicy ponzu, sweet ponzu, wasabi aioli and more). There are also tempura options at Moku, including the “Anti-Poke Bowl,” which features tempura-fried shrimp, tempura veggies, pickled daikon, green onions and sauce.
We’ll be back to try the other new vendors once open. So for now, take a look at Conservatory’s anniversary specials that will kick off next Monday, April 17.
- Firesale 15 (15 $1 beers on the draft list) 7 pm-close
- El Burro and The Bull Steak Night ($12 gets you steak plate and a $1 beer from the bar) 5-9 pm
Tuesday – 8-10 pm
- Geeks Who Drink: Star Wars Trivia Quiz
- Specials and prizes from Buffalo Bayou Brewing Co.
Wednesday (all day specials)
- Moku Bar Grand Opening
- $13 poke bowl and sake special
- Draft specials from Ballast Point
Third Thursday with Saint Arnold – 7-10 pm
- Special tappings from Saint Arnold
- Food pop-up from Ryan Savoie (Saint Arnold’s chef)
- Art Gallery Release from GenerationHTX
- Music from Urban Circus
Friday Real Ale 30 Tap Takeover – 11 am-2 am
- Special tappings and draft specials from Real Ale (30 total taps, all day)
- Music from Urban Circus 10 pm-2 am
Saturday Vendor Fair with Houston Markets (retail pop ups from the following) – noon-6 pm
- Nando’s Honey Bee Farm
- Texas Devil Dust
- La Petite Patisserie
- KicPops Ice Cream
- Chilequiles Sauce
- Heavens Clothes
- Con Amor: El Salvadorian Artisans
- and more
- Pan de Taco Brunch Taco Pop up, 11 am-3 pm
- Happy hour pricing all day (all drafts $4)
- $4 mimosas all day
Conservatory, 1010 Prairie St, (832) 919-8382
Hours: Mon. to Thurs. 11 am-midnight, Fri. & Sat. 11 am-3 am, Sun. 11 am-10 pm